Health and lifestyle experts tackle the challenge of staying healthy during Corona Virus isolation and beyond.
NEW YORK, NY, March 30, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ — Over 100 world leaders in health, well-being, psychology, psychiatry, yoga, and lifestyle have joined forces to create a packed schedule of FREE, live, online classes to keep people physically and mentally healthy during the corona virus crisis and beyond, and to answer viewer’s questions.
FREE interactive classes begin March 31, 2020 GMT on the www.healthflix.online web site. Note: new website encountered “danger” glitches at time of this post, they are being corrected.
Experts in both the UK and the U.S. will offer advice and tips for staying healthy during Corona Virus isolation and beyond.
They will discuss how the pandemic has upended people’s lives with stress and anxiety and will address concerns such as…
How can I self-isolate without isolating myself? Why can’t I sleep? How can I keep fit? What if someone I love becomes ill? I’m elderly, I’m pregnant, I’m a healthcare worker – how do I look after myself?
Enrollment is for up to one thousand people for each half-hour class. After the presentation, viewers can ask questions and interact with professionals who are at the leading edge of their disciplines. Thousands more will be able to watch via YouTube live-streaming afterward. Classes will also be recorded for later viewing on the HealthFlix website.
Among the names already confirmed to lead HealthFix classes are:
• Dean Ornish, MD, founder of the Preventive Medicine Research Institute, directing clinical research into how comprehensive lifestyle changes help fight heart disease and cancer
• Michael Dixon, MD GP and Chairman of the College of Medicine and Integrated Health in the UK, a driving force behind the “social prescribing” movement to find health support within the community
• Stephen Porges, PhD, founding director of the Traumatic Stress Research Consortium and originator of the Polyvagal Theory, shedding light on how trauma affects us
• Daniel Siegel, MD, clinical psychiatrist at UCLA and author of The Mindful Brain
• Richard P. Brown, MD and Patricia Gerbarg, MD, integrative psychiatrists, professors at Columbia University and New York Medical College respectively, founders of Breath-Body-Mind for mental health, authors of The Healing Power of the Breath
• Bessel van der Kolk, MD a psychiatrist who has spent his professional life studying how children and adults adapt to traumatic experiences, author of The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
• Ruby Wax, actor, comedian and mental health campaigner
With so many people suddenly confined to their homes, this may be a good time to learn easy skills and build habits to balance stress, keep moving, stay calm, get to sleep, and manage negative emotions. Viewers will be able to hold on to and develop these healing practices long-term, whatever their circumstances.
Social isolation and stress were not invented with this virus. For the HealthFlix team, the big question is: “How may we take this crisis – this pause in our lives – and use it for inspiration to learn new skills and better understand a science that will help support ourselves, our families and our communities in the future?”
HealthFlix believes everyone can do this, together as a community.
Heather Mason, yoga therapist and founder of HealthFlix, states: “It is heart-warming that so many people in mind-body medicine have come together through HealthFlix to share life-long transformative skills.”
Ruby Wax, comedian and mental health campaigner comments: “People ask, ‘What do we do now?’ I think, ‘We Evolve’. Now that we’ve got the time – as the busy-ness has screeched to a halt – we might as well try.”
Michael Dixon, Chairman of the UK’s College of Medicine and Integrated Health adds: “Healthflix is a wonderful venture to support people who are socially isolated so that they can stay connected and develop mind-body skills, which they can use in their daily life.”
See www.healthflix.online for more information about the organization, plus the full schedule for the first week of classes.
HealthFlix classes will also be available on the HealthFlix YouTube channel.
Follow HealthFlix on Facebook, Instagram (@healthflix_official) and Twitter (@health_flix).
For more information please contact Luke Lythgoe on +44 7881 298208 or email [email protected]
Healthflix is a new web site founded by UK yoga therapist Heather Mason to meet public mental health challenges during the Corona Virus. Mental health and lifestyle colleagues have joined Mason in this effort. Mason’s worked has focuses on stress and trauma relief.
For Media and Interviews Contact:
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here