Event features timely new research, immediately useful tools and strategies to advance Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as a business and moral priority during “National Celebrate Diversity Month”
NEW YORK, NY, March 26, 2021 /24-7PressRelease/ — Take The Lead (www.taketheleadwomen.com) today announced that its new virtual conference “Power Up: Igniting the Intentional Leader for DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion)” will take place on Thursday, April 15, 2021 from 12 Noon to 4:00 pm EDT. Individual tickets at $159 are on sale now. To get additional information and to register, visit TAKETHELEADWOMEN.COM/DEI. Corporate sponsorship packages are available.
Conference sessions will provide participants with an elevated understanding of what implicit bias is and how it affects decisions, behaviors, and judgments toward others, as well as self-perception. The event brings together human resource leaders, DEI trainers, experts and researchers, and corporate and nonprofit decision makers currently making inroads in the new DEI agenda. Men and women will benefit from this summit.
“Given recent examples of implicit bias and even violent attacks against various groups, it is incumbent on all who value diversity and inclusion to lead effectively toward a more inclusive culture in organizations and society,” says Gloria Feldt, the co-founder and president of Take The Lead.
She continued: “This will not be a conference of talking heads. Our intention is to provide fresh, solutions-based information and practical tools that DEI, Human Resources, training professionals, and other leaders can use right away. Our speakers are recognized leaders in their fields, and their expertise will provide attendees with a richer skill set and insights that they will only receive here.”
Workshops, keynote, and breakout sessions will feature new systems and strategies that address what leaders can do to advance DEI within their organizations and society overall. Guest speakers will discuss personal stories, views, and ideas about why diversity, equity, and inclusion – and the role of legal and social justice – are critical to the economic success of a business.
Sessions scheduled to-date include:
• On Becoming A JEDI: Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion That Make Diversity Work Work
– Pardis Mahadavi PhD, Dean of Social Sciences and Director of the School of Social Transformation, Arizona State University
• New Research: The Business Case For Supplier Diversity
– Stefanie Francis, Founder & Lead Innovator, Hootology
– Jose Delgado, Vice President of Partner Success, Hootology
• What’s Next: Building DEI Intentionally Into The Work
Sponsored by Luminary
– Ana Flores, Founder & CEO, #WeAllGrow Latina Network
– Cate Luzio, Founder & CEO, Luminary
– Surabhi Lal, Chief Impact Officer, Luminary; Take The Lead Leadership Ambassador
• New Research: Results Of An Ethnographic Research Study About The Disproportionate Effect of COVID-19 On Women and Solutions
– Brielle Elise Valle, Owner, Brielle Valle Consulting
• The Role of Coaching In Advancing DEI
– Vidhi Data, Founder, Lead with Impact; Take The Lead Leadership Ambassador
• Racial Healing: A Candid Conversation
– Felicia Davis, CEO, Joyful Transformations and the Black Women’s Collective; Take The Lead Leadership Ambassador
– Nancy O’Reilly PsyD, Founder, WomenConnect4Good; author of “In This Together: How Successful Women Support Each Other in Business and Life”
Additional speakers will be announced shortly.
“There has never been a more relevant time for organizations to move forward in their diversity and inclusion journey,” notes Feldt, who also organized the conference. “Leaders must step up to design programs and develop internal cultures that ensure their organization contributes to a national environment that compels fair treatment, access, opportunity, and advancement for all people.”
About Take The Lead
Take The Lead, is a 501 (c) (3), prepares, develops, inspires, and propels all women of all diversities and intersectionalities to take their fair and equal share of leadership positions across all sectors by 2025. The organization’s programs and services for companies and individuals include the 9 Leadership Power Tools to Advance Your Career online course, 50 Women Can Change the World Cohorts, Creating a Culture of Change DEI training, Power to Change Stories, Premier Coaching Program, and The Movement Blog, among others.
Subscribe here for the latest news from Take The Lead: https://www.taketheleadwomen.com/email-signup.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here